There’s a lot to think about when you’re embarking on a self build or home renovation project. But one of the most important things to consider is where your family will stay during the construction process. Here are the top six things you should keep in mind when choosing static caravan temporary accommodation during a self build or home renovation project for you and your family
1. Location is key. You want to be close enough to your construction site so that you can easily commute back and forth, but you also don’t want to be in the midst of all the dust and noise. Strike a balance by finding temporary accommodation that’s close enough to your construction site without being too close. A double glazed used static caravan offers insulation against noise and the cold and can be sited right next to your renovation project.
2. Consider your budget. How much can you afford to spend on temporary accommodation? Keep in mind that you’ll likely be paying for this accommodation for at least a few months, so you’ll need to factor that into your budget. Used static caravans for self-builds are available in a wide range of prices and some static caravan dealers such us Caravantastic also offer a static caravan buy back.
3. What kind of amenities do you need? If you have young children, for example, you’ll want to make sure that the temporary accommodation you choose has kid-friendly space, facilities, and amenities. On the other hand, if you’re working on a tight budget, you may not need all the bells and whistles and can opt for something more basic. Used static caravans for sale off site are available with 2 or 3 bedrooms, double glazing, central and electric or blown air heating, have family shower rooms, and have spacious living room areas.
4. What kind of space do you need? Will you be able to fit all of your belongings into the temporary accommodation? If not, can you store some of your things elsewhere or do without them for the duration of the construction project? Keep these questions in mind when considering different options for temporary accommodation. Used static caravans for sale off site for self build accommodation are available in a range of sizes from 28 x 10 ft up to 38 x 12ft and bigger.
5. How long will you need it? This is an important question to answer because it will affect both your budget and your search for temporary accommodation. If you only need it for a few months, for example, then you may have more flexibility in terms of what kind of accommodation you choose. On the other hand, if you’re planning on a longer construction project, then you’ll need to find something more long-term. If you buy a used static caravan for sale off-site, there’s no rent to pay or leaving dates to negotiate after the purchase. Also, if you buy one on a buy back deal you get money back on the static caravan and it will be taken away for you.
6. What else do you need to know? Once you’ve considered all of the above factors, there are still some other things worth bearing in mind when choosing temporary accommodation during a self build or home renovation project. For example, make sure to ask about parking availability and whether there are any restrictions on pets or visitors. With your own self build static caravan accommodation on your property, next to your home, you don’t have to worry about these kinds of restrictions.
Used static caravans – ideal self build temporary accommodation
Choosing the right temporary accommodation for your family during a self build or home renovation project is an important decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. With these six factors in mind, however, you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect place for your family to stay during construction!